Saturday, May 12, 2007

Where's Judi Now?


Well... Mom's doing her best to keep busy, and doing a darn good job of it.

She teaches her Jewelry Making classes Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday at our local Key Biscayne Community Center. If you're going to be in town, make sure to stop by! She'd love to see you! You can email her at judibeads@aol.com, and she'll let you know the hours of the classes when you're on the island.

In addition to the classes at the center, Judi's been doing private jewelry parties for birthdays - kids and adults, bar and bat mitzvahs, baby showers, you name it! She even had a Tent in this year's Key Biscayne Relay for Life - "Judi's Bead-a-Holics." She was surrounded by kids from the moment she arrived, and she raised a nice sum for the American Cancer Society.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is Heidi from DC. I am delighted to hear that the KB Community Center is providing a venue for you! Of course it is not nearly as scenic and inspiring as the beach. On the other hand, I bet you are being introduced to lots of new folks who didn't know to look for you at the Sonesta.

Thinking of you with love...

Anonymous said...

How totally fun is this?! Hi Judi & Carolyn - it's your cousin Marci.
I'm so glad to see the pics and hear the news. And very much looking forward to seeing both of you in Minneapolis next month - mom's coming, too!

xoxoxoxoxoxox

CarolynBBDish said...

Hi Heidi!
What a nice surprise. :) I look forward to seeing you when you get back to Miami.
-Judi

Hey Marci! :) I'm glad you like the blog. It was part of my mother's day present from Carolyn. Looking forward to seeing you and the family and Aunt Joyce. It should be a fun weekend!
-Judi

(gotta make mom a blogger account so it says judi at the top of her responses)

Anonymous said...

Hi Judi, Carolyn & Jim, What a totally great idea to honor Judi for Mother's Day. She is truly
Key Biscayne's most important icon. We love you Judi! Can't wait to see you in June.

Love ya,
Patti & Jim

Anonymous said...

Hi Judi..We loved to hear that you are doing well and as busy as ever.We miss the Key and All our friends there.Just want you to know we think of you often. Love,Betsy,Rick & Elizabeth

Cathie said...

Hi Judy,
You were always so wonderful to my son, Jamie Del Polito! I'm so happy I ran across this blog, because we often think of you as we remember our special Christmas and Easter vacations at the Sonesta on Key Biscayne. Jamie is 19 now and such a great young man - ok, I'm bragging!
We hope someday to come back down there, but I guess the Sonesta has not reopened? Anyway, we hope you are well. I'll send you a picture of Jamie on your email. I still wear all the lovely necklaces you helped him make for me.
Fondest regards,
Cathie Conway (Del Polito)

allthenoise said...

I'll stop by this year I promise!!

Erin said...

I loved Judi! She taught me how to bead 40 years ago, and I still do it! Is anyone still managing this blog?